Olagoke S. Lawal
Managing Director and Founder.
•Mr. Lawal is the founder of Taamal Capital and is directly responsible for Deal origination, Asset Allocation Strategies, Portfolio Optimisation and Strategies and general management of the firm.
•He is a distinguished investment, finance and operations professional with ~20 years experience, with a focus on investment realization, value creation and optimisation, business re-engineering and financial/Balance Sheet optimisation. His most recent role was as the Chief Operating Officer for HSBC Investment and Technology and prior to that Mr. Lawal held several senior roles at both Barclays and Royal Bank of Scotland
•His transaction experience spans different industries, including Financial Services, Healthcare, Real Estate, Oil & Gas, Aviation and Technology; and geographies, including in Africa, Southeast Asia, the Middle East and the USA.
•Mr. Lawal serves on several Boards in the UK and Africa.
•He is a regular contributor to the Harvard Business Review
•Received a Master of Business Administration (with distinction) Degree in Strategy, Finance and Leadership from Cass Business School, University of London
•He is a Fellow of the Association of Certified Chartered Accountant, UK (FCCA) and an Associate of the Institute of Chartered Accountant of Nigeria (ACA – ICAN)
•Mr. Lawal is a British national
head, capital markets and
- Mr. Ayandibu is the Head, Capital Markets, and Investor Relations at Taamal Capital.
- He is directly responsible for our Financial Instruments Advisory services, International Financial Institutions partnerships and Investor relations and management.
- He is an accomplished investment banker with over 20 years financial services experience leading complex finance structuring (including debt instruments and advisory), Project finance, Treasury management, Capital markets, Impact investing and Investor relations.
- His most recent role was as the Head of Investor Relations at Zenith Bank, and prior to that he held several senior roles across Debt Advisory, Project Financing, and DFI funding relationship during his over 15 years career at Zenith Bank.
- He has negotiated, structured and mobilized over USD$5 billion funding options and debt instruments for clients at Zenith Bank using bilateral & syndicated loans, Development Finance Institutions (DFIs) lines of credit, Export Credit Agencies (ECAs) financing & guarantees, REPOs, Trade Loans, LC structured funding, and Eurobond issuance.
- His transaction experience spans different industries, including Financial Services, Manufacturing, Telecoms, Oil & Gas and Aviation.
- He is a CFA charter holder with a bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, an MBA and MSc in Financial Management from Edinburgh Business School. He also holds the Financial Modelling and Valuation Analyst (FMVA) certification.
COMPLIANCE OFFICER AND IN-HOUSE
- Miss Grace Marcus is the Compliance Officer and In-house Legal Counsel at Taamal Capital.
- She is directly responsible for our Compliance activities and provides in-house legal counsel for the firm.
- She is an astute corporate and commercial lawyer with close to 10 years’ experience in Legal and Regulatory compliance, commercial agreement, contract and deal negotiations, legal due diligence, and Intellectual Property (IP).
- She was most recently a senior legal researcher and associate at Tamara Chambers where she was responsible for in-house compliance and client legal defense and regulatory and IP advisory
- Her Compliance and Legal experience span different industries, including Financial Services, Oil & Gas; Telecommunications and Aviation.
- Miss Marcus holds a Master of Laws (LLM) degree from the University of Abuja Nigeria.
- She is a certified professional in contract administration from Institute for Enterprise Management and Analytics.
- She is licensed to practice law by the Nigerian Bar Association.
Our Independent Advisory Board
Our advisory board reviews, monitors, scrutinises and sanctions all our decisions and strategies. They are truly independent in every sense; they are not part of the day-to-day management of Taamal Capital and are there to challenge the management whilst providing guidance as necessary.
Our independent advisory Board is made up of renowned and successful industry veterans. Given our standing in the industry, we have a big pool of independent advisors that we draw from depending on the size and nature of the transaction at hand